CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And now taking the ice....

Luke had his first ice skating lesson today. He LOVED it. He wanted to stay and skate. The first thing his coach taught him was how to get up from the ice. Very useful. He fell a bit but he also kept himself from falling just as much. This was the FIRST time in Luke history that he didn't cling to my leg or cry or throw a fit when he started something new. He even said that when we left, 'Mommy, this was the first time I didn't cry at something.' You can imagine my joy at that. He wants to go for "3 hours" next time. Apparently we can just go down the hill from our house in the winter and skate on the Bow River. I can't wait to do that. Lauren saw Luke's excitement but still didn't want to learn how to skate. She is holding out for ballet, which starts in a few weeks, even though I told her she could do both.

1 comment: