CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scouts

Luke just started Scouts in Canada. 5-7 year olds are Beaver Scouts. Here he is in his uniform, minus the Shamu slipper of course. He and Jeff went to their first meeting on Monday. They went on a short hike which Jeff said was nice while Luke complained about the cold and clung to Jeff's leg. He said he liked it though. They have a few fundraising things througout the the year one of which is a bottle drive. The first bottle drive is...you guessed it, this weekend when Jeff and Luke will be in Houston. So if I don't want them to cash the $50 (incentive) check then Lauren and I need to go down and sort bottles on Saturday. I don't mind doing this but I don't know what the set up will be and if I will be able to do this with Lauren. We will find out. I overheard a man (at the scout store when we were buying the uniform) that last year his troop's first campout was snowed on. Not a big deal you say, you live in Canada there is snow. You are correct I say BUT their first campout was the last week of September, yup 2 weeks from now. Awesome! I am hoping that Luke has gotten the genes from both of his grandfathers and will enjoy camping and being outdoors but so far I think he is an indoor kid. He is excited to go camp though. Fingers crossed.

Lauren on the other hand (who can join scouts when she turns 5-yeah Canada and their non-segregation of kids) will probably be all for scouting and being outdoors. She loves that now and always wants to be outside even in 40 degree weather.

1 comment:

  1. He doesn't like bugs! I'm not sure how this is going to go. LOL Love the outfit!! Did you have to sew the stuff on yourself? I've got to get Shelby's on but have a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete