CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My cake decorating exploits





I just finished up a fondant and gum paste class. We didn't learn how to cover a cake with fondant until the last class AFTER Luke's birthday but my instructor told me how to go about it. The Lego's could have looked a little better but I think I did a pretty good job for not having true instruction beforehand. The second picture is on a fondant covered cake plate and then some of the flowers that I made. These flowers were so easy! Well except for the carnation, that was a pain and I don't like how it turned out. I am awesome at roses though:) I do have a picture of my finished cake but I don't really like the colors on it so I don't want to post it. It has a ruffled part and has the Calla Lilies on top. I am supposed to start the icing flowers class next week so we shall see how that goes, but I think that anytime I put flowers on a cake I am going to use fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment